Friday, October 7, 2011

Hwy Cafe


I found me another lil place none of my friends have heard of!  Hwy Cafe Bar*B*Q -N- Grill is the type of place I have been looking for.  I am a HUGE breakfast fan and have not found a place that is not a cooperate owned restaurant that serves a good one.  They have a good breakfast and offer something for everyone for lunch and dinner. 

Breakfast is from 6 A.M. till noon I believe.

I have been back to this place twice! That is a rarity for me as I am always on the hunt for a new spot.  I love the service which was friendly but not overbearing.  I recently went to lunch with a good friend and we sat there for about two hours just enjoying each others company and never felt pressured to leave.  It was a nice lunch and I hope we can do it again soon :)

On my first visit I went with my usual partner in crime, my loving Mom.  We also had a great first experience.  The owner came by the table and made sure we were enjoying ourselves and made small talk with his obviously regular customers.

Let's get to the food!

My Mom had the Hot Link Sandwich.  It is served with real home made french fries, and corn chips all smothered in their signature chili and topped with jalapenos.  This thing was a huge plate of country style goodness.  The smoked sausage link was amazing how can you go wrong with home made chili fries?  The chips where a great addition as it gave the plate some texture.



I love BBQ so I had to try the smoked ribs.  They were astounding!  So smokey they almost had me coughing lol :D The seasoning was perfect and I felt it would be a sin to dip them in BBQ sauce.  In classic Texas style they are served with Texas toast, some raw onion rings, dill pickle, beans, and a most delicious potato salad.  I love Texas style potato salad, in California it's big chunks of potato and no vinegar.  I love the tang of the vinegar and the mustard!

I hope you give them a try, and if you do don't forget to mention the Wichita Falls Foodie sent you their way!

Love Food, Live Life! 


 <a href="http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/328/1334151/restaurant/Highway-Cafe-Bar-B-Que-Grill-Wichita-Falls%22%3E%3Cimg alt="Highway Cafe Bar B Que & Grill on Urbanspoon" src="http://www.urbanspoon.com/b/link/1334151/biglink.gif" style="border:none;width:200px;height:146px" /></a>




No comments:

Post a Comment