Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dinner For Foodies!

Okay so I took quite a vacation from the blog :-(  I had to get some things in order and decide what my game plan was for this whole blog thing!  While the end result is still up for debate the goal is to have fun with cooking.  I aim to show you that cooking a meal that you can't pronounce or you just saw on your favorite cooking show is EASY! 
Those of you that don't know me and follow my blog will be surprised to know I only really started cooking for myself within the last year or so.  I could always cook, started my own top ramen at five and burgers at seven, I was not exactly good at it in the early days.  I was notorious for forgetting to drain the grease from the beef for the Hamburger Helper!  The one thing you can do to mess up a dinner in a box and it was my calling card. 
I have always worked with food and knew there was a bond that had me from the start.  I loved it and loved to learn all I can.  I stress can because I learn every day.  Sometimes it's a lesson that I should have learned a year ago, but most of the time it's a new lesson learned in my life at the restaurant.
Well quite naturally those that I work with in the restaurant are always hitting me up for food :-)  I had been wanting to host a dinner but my house is very small and I work with a lot of people.  How do I do it?  I start hosting annual dinner parties until they have all had their turn that's how! 

Dinner For Foodies,  Party #1

I had eight people over plus myself,  my lil house was packed to the max and then sum.  I borrowed a table and chairs from my Mom and had it and my lil table all in the living room.  I regret not taking pictures of the setup and of those that attended. I did however get some splendid pictures of the food!

I made Lemon Herb Roasted Game Hen and Blue Mashed Potatoes.
Will McCracken made Caprese Salad and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus.
Joyce Jones made the best frickin' brownies ever!!!!!

The two above mentioned people are foodies themselves.  Joyce is quite the stellar baker and Will is just a down right foodie like myself! 

My Game Hen was simple and I made it a few times to test it out for good measure.  It went over very well there was not a dirty bone in the house!



Will made the most amazing caprese salad with lemon zest as well as fresh basil and mozzarella.  The lemon put it over the top it was my favorite part of the main course.  He also brought over some bacon wrapped asparagus that I believe he drizzled a little balsamic over that were very delicious.  Bacon makes everything better!

 Now when I think brownie I think heavy.  I like a brownie but they are usually so dense that you only need a few bites.  My friend Joyce whipped the eggs then folded them into the batter ant the result was the lightest, fluffiest, tastiest brownie I have ever had!  They where so good and set the bar pretty high for the next brownie to cross these lips :-D


 Thanks to:
Matt Jones, Joyce Jones, Will Jones, Johnathan Crocker, Will McCracken, Alexis Asbury, Zack Shanks, & Miss A'Z Johnston!

You all made it a great night and I can't wait to do it again!

What did you serve for your last dinner party?

Love Food, Live Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment