Sunday, July 10, 2011

Market to Menu Monday! week 6: Melon Prosciutto Salad!

This week is a simple one. I found this recipe in EveryDay with Rachel Ray her magazine.  When I saw it I knew it was destined to end up in my kitchen.  I found Honeydew and Cantaloupe at the Farmers Market and that sealed the deal.  It was so easy to make and so visually stunning. 

Here is what you need:

fresh mint to taste
2 lemons
3 teaspoons of lemon zest
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 honeydew melon peeled and cut into about 1 inch wedges
1/2 cantaloupe peeled and cut into about 1 inch wedges
2 teaspoons of honey
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 ounces of sliced prosciutto

In a small bowl juice your lemons and add zest. I zested my own lemons though you can buy the lemon zest as well. Add salt, pepper, honey and whisk in your olive oil.  Arrange your melons as desired top with prosciutto and drizzle the dressing onto each portion. Tear your mint by hand, this will bruise the leaves and release the flavor. Sprinkle mint onto the dish and you are done!!!

This would be a great way to impress your next dinner guest.  Little labor an a beautiful payoff. It bursts with flavor and just looks stunning.  I will definitely be making it again and again. Such a brilliant starter for a BBQ.

What did you get from the market this week????

Bloggers its a link party/blog hop! If  you wish to have your blog featured on this page take a look at the Market to Menu Monday page for details!

 Love Food, Live Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment