Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pat's Drive In


My brother recommended this place to me :)  It is one of those little whole in the wall places I have come to love.  They have a simple menu that they do to perfection.  They have been around for a long time and after I told all my friends that I tried it they all agreed.  It is among the best little burger joints in town.  I had do get on to all of them for not telling me about is sooner.  They all forget I'm not from here and am not well versed on the local hot spots.

 


As you can see the menu is nothing fancy.  It is just simple cooking done with love and passion.  I was surprised at how small the place was.  When we walked in one side of the restaurant was full and the other half had a closed sign.  The server, Pat's daughter was quick to invite us to sit in the closed half and was very friendly and informative.  I hate when people ask me what is good, but I did it to her anyway.  She said the burgers are what the people want and love.

 
 I also asked about the onion rings and found out they are had made every morning and was not leaving without trying them! They were so crispy and delicious it was ridiculous.  The fries also seemed home cut tho I forgot to ask.

My mom went for the fish sandwich, I had a bite and had to say it was fabulous.  I went for a burger.  Not just any burger though.  I am an explorer when it comes to food and saw an interesting burger I had to try.  "The Porky" a hamburger topped with ham!  It was so good.  It was a ham steak on a thick juicy burger and the flavors all melted together perfectly.  I ate till my stomach was about to burst and ate some more! The Porky is one of those dripping messy burgers that you just can't stop eating until it's gone.
The down home friendly service helped to make it a great experience. If you are down town and really hungry drop in for a good meal at a great price with the service to match. 
What is your favorite hot spot in town??? Leave a comment below and let me know so I can give it a try! 

Love Food, Live Life!

5 comments:

  1. Pat's is definitely our favorite place for a burger! Next time you should try the chili cheese tater tots. The tots are nice and crispy. I think the fries are hand cut if they added season salt I think they would be perfect...imo anyway. :) If you haven't tried it yet you should pay a visit to Stanley's my hubby usually orders the Beanie burger when we go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this! I am coming from Fort Smith,AR needing a food stop on the way to Abilene, TX. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can asure you the fries ard hand cut. Also Christi, and Julie are the best. Im kind od partcial because Pat is my dads aunt, but when its good its good. They also have hand dipped real ice cream shakes. If i had to suggest a burger joint.....yep you got it.Pats Drive In 401 n. Scott

    ReplyDelete