Sunday, July 24, 2011

Market to Menu Monday! week 8: featuring Heirloom Tomato Pie!


The star of this weeks Market to Menu Monday is Tomatoes! I love tomatoes and have been getting some great ones at the market. I saw this recipe on the cover of Food Network Magazine and knew right away I had to try it.

click the above link for the recipe

I had to cheat an use pre-made pie crust because of time and my food processor is to small to accommodate the volume required to make the crust. It still turned out great! I love all the fresh herbs and they went well with the cheese and onion. The flavors are fresh and vibrant. This does take a lot of time and labor but it is well worth it. I can't wait to share it with my Mom who has been eye balling tomato recipes lately!
I am sorry to make this a short post but I am getting floors put in my house and am a busy beaver trying to move all my furniture! :( 
What did you get from the market this week?????? 


 

Love Food, Live Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment