Friday, June 24, 2011

Willie's Place

I love family run restaurants.  They usually share my passion for food and you can count on friendly service.  Willie's Place delivered on my expectations and beyond!  I have to say this was the most welcomed I have ever been.  They recognized me from my blog and did not shun me like others have in the past.  When I walked in there were a few people in the restaurant, which is small and charming I might add, and they were defiantly friends, regulars, and I believe some family as well.  This was a good sign to me.  Regulars make or break a restaurant and regulars tend to spell good food!  I know I don't go back to restaurants that have horrible food.

I stepped up to order and asked "What do I need to try?"  I was recommended a "Wet Willie" which is a burger smothered in nacho cheese, or a... dang the name eludes me but it is what I ordered.  It was a burger with the nacho cheese and Frito's!  I love texture and crunch so it had my name all over it. 

This was the best burger I have had in Wichita Falls.  It was cooked perfectly and had all the fixings, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, and of course we are in Texas so mustard.  I think what made the burger so good was that it was "fun" and the people who cooked it and enjoy making it.






I ordered onion rings to go with it and am glad I did because french fries would have been to much.  Did you see the size or that towering burger?  No way could I have had a heavy starch on top of that bad boy!


As I took a seat the owner Willie asked if I like hot (spicy) food.  And boy do I ever.  He said "I'm gonna give you something to try."  I knew instantly what it was.  Willie's Place offers a Man V. Food challenge with two spicy triple burgers called Screaming Willie's and a pound of tater totts or french fries.  He kicked down a sample of the Screaming Willie sauce.  I have to say it was the best super hot sauce I have ever eaten.  Usually the flavor gets lost in the heat, but this had a deep smokey chipotle flavor that was out of this world.  I was crying but could not stop eating it!  I am going back and trying the challenge soon, the info for the challenge is on the picture below.






The menu is Ala carte but very reasonably priced.  And when you see the size of the portions you will not be disappointed.  So get down there and treat your self to a Wet Willie!  Don't worry you won't get a wet finger in the ear unless that is what you want!

Love Food, Live Life!

2 comments:

  1. The Screaming Willie Challenge should definitely be submitted to Man vs. Food! He's been to OKC and Tulsa now he needs to cross the Red River. We went to Willie's Place when they first opened, I think it's time for another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try to submit it to the Man V. Food Nation! I'm glad someone agrees with me! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

    ReplyDelete