Monday, June 13, 2011

Market to Menu Monday! Week 2! a blogger link party in the making...

Here we go with week two of Market to Menu Monday's!

This week I found some beautiful peaches at the Farmers Market.  I have mentioned before my firs job was in a bakery peeling apples at 3 A.M. so the bakers would have fresh apples to work with.  So the first thought in my mind was a peach cobbler.  If you read my Pierogi blog then you know I don't do dough.  I chose to do a dutch style crumb topping.  To qualify as a cobbler you don't do a bottom crust so that was right up my alley. 

I again have been striving to do more original recipes so I came up with this.  Grand Marnier Peach Cobbler With Mint. 

The link above is the base recipe I used.  

Here is what you'll need:

8 farm fresh peaches
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 shots Grand Marnier
fresh mint to taste

The link above is the recipe I used.

1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter

Peel your peaches and pit them.  Place them in a bowl and let them set for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile preheat  the oven to 400 degrees.  Drain the excess juice.  If you are using the freshest peaches you can get your hands on then this step is critical.  I did not do this and my cobbler was to juicy and did not set.  Add all your cobbler ingredients to a baking dish.  I used a 6 X 12 dish. 

Next you will start your crumb topping.  Add your sugar, cinnamon and flour to a mixing bowl and fold in the butter slowly.  You want the crumbs to be as large as possible so be gentle.  Top your cobbler and bake for about 30 minutes.





I loved it!  I took it to work to get some feedback and it was a smash hit.  Everybody was shocked by the mint and Grand Marnier in a good way.  It was a splendid twist on a classic.  The flavors all play well with each other and everyone could tell the peaches where Farm Fresh.  You can taste the difference!

What did you get from the Market this week?





BLOG TITLE 

Bloggers!!!! I am trying to start a link party. I call it Market to Menu Monday! The idea is inspired by Peas and Crayons (What I Ate Wednesday). The concept is simple enough. We all go to the market buy and cook fresh at least one day a week. Farmers Market, Super Market, dose not matter. Go to the butcher counter and by fresh meat. You do not need to do a full post with a recipe but if you can that is great! The hope is to point each others followers to each others pages and we can all grow together! email me at cjitsu6@gmail.com
with a link to your post and lets do this!!!!
To participate you need to add this button to your post!!! That is really the only rule! Have a button to share?
Let me know and I'll add to my page too!

















1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! I used to work as a bartender for years but I never made enough to pay the bills. So I started my own import export home business selling goods online, now I am making more money and have more time for my family!

    ReplyDelete