Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Garden of Eden Salad with my Fruit of the Earth Dressing for the Fave Diets Blog Hop!


I was really excited when Mark from FaveDiets.com contacted me to participate in his blog hop!  I love the whole link party and blog hop idea.  It is a great way to meet other bloggers who have similar taste and passions.  As I understood this was to be a deli salad hop I must admit I was out of my comfort zone.  I'm not even sure what makes a salad a deli salad.  But I have been toying with the idea about this fruit salad for some time now and this was the perfect opportunity to make it!


Garden of Eden Salad with Fruit of the Earth Dressing

Here is what you need:

1 sweet apple
1 sour apple
2 mangoes
2 peaches
6oz. or more of fresh raspberries
1 pound fresh strawberries
a good hand full of fresh spinach
mint leaves to taste
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons of raspberry vinegar
2 or more tablespoons of lemon juice to prevent oxidation of the apples

First start by dicing your apples and setting a quarter or so of them aside for the dressing.  Pour the lemon juice into a bowl big enough to hold the apples and toss.  Remove the skin from the apples you set aside and move on.  Dice the peaches, separating about a quarter of them as well and remove the skin from the separated quarter.  Dice the mango and again hold about a quarter of them for the dressing.  Dice or quarter the strawberries and hold how much for the dressing???  That's right!  A quarter!! 

For the dressing add all the fruit you put aside plus some raspberry but save some for the salad it's self, into a food processor with the sugar and vinegar.  Add some mint and puree!  Be sure to taste and add sugar, mint, or vinegar to your taste.


Tear up some spinach and place into a large mixing bowl.  Add all your fruit and as much or little of the dressing as you like.  I added some whole mint leaves to mine because I am addicted to mint!  Toss plate and serve!

It is quite easy and very refreshing.  I like the fact that the same fruit in the salad is used for the dressing.  "It is like a flavor explosion in your mouth!" quoted from A'Z Johnston at work when I took it in for some feedback.  I also got a lot of compliments on how fresh and clean the flavor was.  It is an impressive dish that is simple to make.  I hope you give it a go!
Love Food, Live Life!

If  you enjoy the whole blog hop idea drop by Market to Menu Mondays!
on

3 comments:

  1. This is a loaded fruit salad! This recipe looks unbelievably good, thanks for sharing it in my hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious, you had me at the pictures. I have some of the ingredients now, have to go get the rest and try it. It looks refreshing and "fruity". I love fruit salads but haven't thought about adding dressing as well.

    ReplyDelete