Saturday, June 11, 2011

Burk Diner

I found a diamond in TEXAS!  It is a small American grill called Burk Diner.  It is the classic diner with great service and awesome food!  This is the type of mom and pop shop I die for.  The food is usually good and home style.  Here the food was excellent and our server was very attentive and polite.  To top it all off they have a Man V. Food style challenge. 

The 5 pound Oil Spill Chili Burger is massive.  As if that is not enough you get a full pound of french fries!  You have 1 hour to eat it all and get the meal, a T-shirt, and your picture on the Wall of Fame.  I believe the challenge cost around 25$ and is on the house if you complete it.  I only saw pictures on the Wall of Shame.  To me it appears no one has finished the challenge.  I plan to give it a go!! I doubt I could do it but you never know.




I had to have a Burk Burger.  The name sake of the Burk Diner.  It was very tasty and cooked to perfection.  The bun was grill toasted which I love.  The veggies were fresh, to me a good tomato can make or break a burger.  In true Texas fashion they serve it with mustard only.  God bless Texas for that.  I am not fond of ketchup or mayo on my burgers.  The fries were nice and crisp and seasoned just right.


My mom ordered the catfish with fries, hush puppies, beans and coleslaw.  Now I am picky when it come to fish.  This was off the hook! Pun totally intended!  It was moist and the cornmeal gave it a nice crispy texture.  The coleslaw was superb.  I am again picky about my coleslaw.  I prefer more tang than sweet and that is what we got.  The hush puppies were good and not under cooked which happens more often than you may think.  The beans were good but I am not a huge bean fan.  Man I sound picky but those are really the only foods I struggle with.  I will eat them but am not fond of them.

If you find yourself in the area do yourself a favor and stop in.  Home style food, and great service.  What more can you want.  MORE FOOD you say!  Go for the Oil Spill Chili Burger and pound of fries! If you do let me know how it goes for you!

Love Food, Live Life!

2 comments:

  1. A general suggestion for your posts about restaurants - please post the locations and hours they are open as well as the food comments; it would help to round out the article some what.

    Otherwise, nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally do post a link but have had some technical issues with my Urbanspoon account and the links. I will update a.s.a.p. Thank you so much for the feedback, it's how I learn :) and for the positive comment I thank you as well.

    ReplyDelete