Thursday, April 14, 2011

Branding Iron

I have finally found the type of BBQ joint I have been looking for.  Meat slow cooked to perfection and cut right in front of you.  If you are a vegetarian stay away, there are no veggie meals hear.  All the shows I watch that feature a great BBQ restaurant have a few things in common.  They slow cook the meat with real smoke, and serve cafeteria style.

You start at the door, grab your tray and continue to the serving window, be there early the wait is a long one!

The meal comes with two sides and garlic toast.  I chose coleslaw and macaroni salad.  They were both very good.  The vinegar was slightly strong on the coleslaw but that's how I like it.  Other than that you could also taste the cabbage.  I hate an over dressed slaw, I want to taste the cabbage.  The macaroni salad was not over dressed and dripping with mayonnaise either.  Much appreciated!

My mom had the brisket.  It was very flavorful and had a great bark.  The BBQ sauce was of course the perfect compliment.  The meat was juicy and fell apart.  I was impressed,  my other experiences with brisket where dry and tough leather like cuts of meat.
I had the pork.  I had to take a close up picture because this pork had the most beautiful smoke ring.  To those that don't know it is the bright red layer just beneath the bark or outer blackened layer.  It is not the color of under cooked meat it is the tell tale sign of a superb job of smoking the pork shoulder.  I had not seen such a smoke ring in some time.
Branding Iron on Urbanspoon
I'm not sure about the hours but I know they are strange so you may want to call ahead if it is going to be your first trip to the Branding Iron.  I recommend you give it a try if classic BBQ is what  you are craving! 
Love Food, Live Life!



No comments:

Post a Comment