Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Brothers @$$ Kicking Taco Soup!


I am excited about this post!  I finally got to do a recipe from a family member.  It may not seem like a big deal but to me it is.  Like I have mentioned before I feel food is a great connecting point and a glimpse at someones plate cant tell you a lot about a person.  I first tried this dish one day for lunch with my mom and brother.  He had made it for the family a night or two ago but due to my work schedule I was forced to miss dinner night.  I had heard tale of this dish since I started this blog.  My brother is apparently known for two things in the kitchen.  His killer steak marinade which he refuses to share and this Taco soup. 

I am lucky he shared this one so I wont push my luck any further.  This was a recipe passed to him by friends and he thinks it may have come from a local Wichita Falls Cookbook.  It is one easy and delicious dish and a must try! 

Here's What You'll Need:

 1 pound ground beef
1 can rotell
1 can yellow or gold hominy
1 can of tomato juice
1 can ranch style beans with jalapeno
1 package of ranch dressing mix
1 package taco mix


Brown the beef.


Add the remaining ingredients plus 1 can of hot water.  I did not drain the hominy.


Bring to a boil and simmer for 39-45 minutes.  And that's it!
 

This is like a play on tortilla soup.  Beware it dose have a spicy after note that builds as you eat.  You can top it with the traditional taco toppings for some extra flare, of just throw in a and full of chips.  This was fun and easy.  If you need a quick easy dinner one night be sure to try this one!  Thanks Marty for the share (Odom Works)!

Love Food, Live Life!

2 comments:

  1. I have had this soup and it is the best Taco soup I have ever had. Really good

    ReplyDelete