Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baked Apricot Chicken!



On my last post I mentioned that I had been in the mood to cook with fruit.  I happened to stumble upon this recipe from All Recipes.com in my search.  It was way to good and simple to pass up.  It requires only 4 ingredients!  The bake time is an hour and prep is done in less than five minutes.  Doing the dishes was the hardest part of this one!

Here's What You'll Need:
1 14 oz. can apricot halves
1 11 oz. can apricot nectar
1 pack dried onion soup mix
8 chicken thighs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Add your nectar and onion soup mix to a mixing bowl and whisk.

Place chicken in a baking dish and pour mix over the chicken.  Place in oven and bake for 55 minutes.

Remove chicken and top with apricot halves.  Replace in oven and bake for 5 more minutes.



Remove from oven and you are done!


This was so gooooood!  The apricot and chicken combination work well together.  I was doubtful that the onion soup would work but it did.  It added a layer of flavor that brought the dish to the next level.  It would be good without it, but I think it would be rather bland.  This is definitely worth a go if you are looking for an easy recipe to try. 

 This would also be a great opportunity to get the kids in the kitchen.  With no knives or open flames it would be a good start.  Remember we are grooming the next generation of foodies!  This healthy dinner with a fruit twist is a great way to show them healthy can be delicious!


I also have a question.  How do you feel about the videos?  Would you like to see more?

I want to say thanks to all my readers!  I appreciate you dropping in and leaving awesome comments!  I also want to thank those of you that vote every week for 2011: A Foodie Odyssey.  It has been a lot of fun!  Keep dropping by, and don't be afraid to say hello!

Love Food, Live Life!



2 comments:

  1. Wichita Falls foodie... I stumbled upon your photo on allrecipes.com I am from the area and have been on AR for years. I used to live and work there Wichita Falls...but still live in Texhoma, but have since moved through Burkburnett where I still have a house there but am stationed on Ft. Sill...I would love to chat some time. Melissa Goff, I'm on facebook...love to cook, and photo foods all the time. I'm on AR as mis7up. great blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed this last night for my sister and a good friend we loved it. I severed it with rice and salad.It was so easy to fix and not much clean up which is alway a good thing!

    ReplyDelete