Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pusan


          
Pusan.  It's in Lawton Oklahoma and one of my Sister-in-Law's favorites.  She is from South Korea so I tend to listen to her when she recommends good food from her homeland.  She and my brother Marty (odomworks) had been trying to get me out there from the day I moved out here.  Plans always seem to fall through as Suki (my Sister-in-Law) and I both work 6 days a week in the restaurant industry, and my brother works as a City Planner for the City of Wichita Falls.  He keeps a busy schedule as well.

We finnaly got the trip put together one weekend when Suki's sister was visiting from Korea.  We took a day trip up to the Wichita Mountains and did some hiking.  I saw my first wild buffalo, which was amazing!  We planned on ending the day at Pusan's.  But they where closed and we ended up at the most disgusting Chinese restaurant ever.  No one enjoyed their meal, which was a first for me.











Months later with some determination the stars aligned and blessed me with a swing shift (4:00 to close) at work on a Saturday so we headed out early.  The trip took about 45 minutes which is well worth a good meal to me!  And a good meal it was!

It's buffet style, which I find common in Asian restaurants.  They have something for every one.  Sushi, French Fries, Kim chi, Fried Chicken Wings, to a Beet Soup.  If you can't find something you like then you are just too picky.  The service was friendly and timely.  I did try some things I was not fond of, but that's the fun of trying new food for me.  Some people like to watch scary movies or jump out of planes, for a scare. I try new foods, and sometimes am grossed out to the max, I love it!  I keep trying Sushi but just can't find anything that dose not make my gag reflex kick in.  It looks soooo amazing tho! Just look, and these pix are all from my Flip Cam, I forgot my digital camera.

I seriously recommend you give them a try.  Some of the most Authentic Korean food in our area is definitely worth the trip from Wichita Falls.  If you live in Lawton and are looking for something new and exciting here it is.  Let me know what you think if you go in, I would love to hear about your experience.  Any restaurant suggestions?  Is there somewhere you would like to see a review on?  Let me know, I'm always on the hunt for something new...
 
                       

Love Food, Live Life! 
Proud member of FoodBlogs
Wichita Falls Foodie Wichita Falls restaurantsAll recipes are on Petitchef



SWEATSHIRT WOMAN BLACK " I LOVE LAWTON " OKLAHOMA SmallPusan Restaurant on UrbanspoonTEN FUN THINGS TO DO IN LAWTON


Don't forget about 2011: A Foodie Odyssey!  A new feature on my blog chronicling my culinary journey around the world right from my kitchen. Each week the readers vote on which Country they would like to see featured from the poll at the top of this page! And the following week I will post a Special 2011: A Foodie Odyssey! recipe, and if all goes well there will be video to accompany these articles! Thanks for your participation!

5 comments:

  1. The sushi part of the buffet looks fabulous! It's hard to beat delicious sushi on a Friday night, you know?

    Glad you enjoyed the meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sushi is the love of my life! I could eat it daily! =) This look so soooo yummy!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of that food looks really good! I think I just might make a trip to Lawton for a taste. Thanks C.J :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to this twice and the quality of traditonal Korean is poor quality. The banchan very bland and unappetizing. To be honest there is no truly good Korean authentic resturants in Lawton. Take it from a person has been eating Korean pretty much all my life. Here is a link of a good Korean looks like http://www.omikoreangrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx for the recommendation! I will give it a try for sure next time I am near one :) It dose look like a fun place as well as appetizing!

    ReplyDelete