Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gene's Tasty Burger



    Gene's Tasty Burger. The name dose not do this old fashion fast food joint justice. This is the kind of place I dream about. When you drive up it's obvious that this place has been here for years. The building is not the most beautiful, but that's not why we dine out is it. It's the food. And Gene's dose it right.
As far as I can tell they have been in business for over 30 years! Any foodie knows that to stay in business in this industry for that long is quite and accomplishment. I was led here by my mom who has been a fan as long as she could remember. I also checked out as many reviews from people as I could find and it was consistently rated four and a half stars. I give it a Five!
To me service and cleanliness are just as important as the food. Go wrong with one of those and you can destroy the customers experience and give them a biased opinion before the food hits the table. And most people wont admit or realize that the food was awesome, it was the service that turned you off. The service at Gene's is among the best I've seen. They work as a team and that's what it's about! The kitchen is open so you can watch your food being prepared. There is a mini counter in front of the line, about four stools I think, I took a moment to hang out there and watch the cooks in action. They fresh peel whole potatoes for their fries! One thing I'm not used to coming from California and Nevada. This gives the fries a different texture and big flavor.
The menu is simple American fast food cooked fresh. There is something for everyone. But I have not got past the "Frisco Burger". It's heaven between two buns plain and simple. The Frisco is a basic chili cheese burger, meat, chili, diced onion, and cheese. I'm sure to go back again and again and determined to try something else but when they do something so well it's hard to resist.
So that's Gene's in a nut shell. A five star classic fast food done right hangout. If you get the chance to stop in do so. You wont be disappointed.
Wichita Falls Foodie Wichita Falls restaurantsGene's Tasty Burger on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with this one I love Gene's Frisco burger.

    ReplyDelete